It is normal to get sore muscles after few days of a good hearty workout. When you try out a new exercise equipment, new sport, or running a new trail, you feel great the day of but one or two days later you can barely move your arms and legs, for that matter your entire body. This is called DOMS Syndrome (Delayed Onset Muscle Soreness). This condition is caused by the buildup of lactic acid in your muscles. Here are few proven ways you can use to address muscle soreness.
- Take a hot bath with Epsom salt or get a sports massage.
- Always warm up and stretch before and after a workout.
- Instead of sitting down and relaxing practice some Yoga while watching TV.
- Rub non-smelling cream. If you can deal with cream use it always as a prevention method.
- Magnesium helps muscles to breath and you can use a supplement to get magnesium. It also helps to flush out lactic acid and transfer fluids.
- Amino acid promotes hormone production and it can help to rebuilt muscles.
- Get a good night sleep. It promotes hormone production and melatonin can help you with any sleep disorders. Above all, resting is more important to restore your muscle health and rebuild.