Article written by Medicine Line
Here are the top five herbal remedies in use in the world today. Some of these are more popular than others mostly because they tend to treat more common ailments like the common cold etc. Below is a list of the most popular items which can easily be found in most supermarkets or pharmacies today. Give it a try, you might be surprised how quickly they can help and maybe even have preventative effects.
* Chamomile is a very popular variety of tea nowadays, but the chamomile plant is also used in a number of herbal remedies and is currently the most popular herbal remedy around, look at your post on chamomile tea for more details.
* While echinacea was used centuries ago by the Native Americans, today many people take this herb to help fight off colds. It can boost your immune system and is used primarily as a remedy for colds.
* Ginkgo, or ginkgo biloba, has received a lot of attention lately for its ability to improve circulation and brain activity.
* Ginseng has been used for thousands of years, but has recently found favor with a public looking for a natural energy-boost. While it might not give yo wings like red bull does, its the closest natural substance you can find.
* Many people have looked to St. John’s wort as an herbal alternative to prescription medications for anxiety and depression.